Department Manager - Plumbing - West Edmonton
This job posting is no longer active
Lowe's new West Edmonton store is opening soon and we have jobs available for innovative people who share our values and are committed to delivering exceptional results for our customers. As one of the world's largest retailers, we pride ourselves on our sixty years of service excellence.
At Lowe's, we continually seek to enhance our employees' skills and experience by making sure they have all the tools they need to grow and develop. With locations across Canada, and new stores being added coast to coast, we have more opportunities to offer than ever before. Immediate opportunities exist for Department Managers, Sales Specialists and Full-Time & Part-Time Associates to join the dynamic team at our new location.
DEPARTMENT MANAGERS - PLUMBING
Lowe's West Edmonton
As a Department Manager - Plumbing, you will be responsible for all receiving, stocking and delivery functions of this department as well as management of assigned employees and area. You are a skilled leader with previous plumbing industry experience and demonstrate unequalled product knowledge and a customer-focused attitude.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand and respond appropriately to basic customer and employee inquiries
- Read, write, and communicate using English language skills sufficient to perform job functions
- Knowledge of the company's mission, purpose, and goals, and the role of every employee in achieving each of them
- Effective management skills to successfully lead a team to accomplish work
- Ability to operate store equipment appropriate to assigned area
- Complete all Lowe’s training requirements
- Ability to process merchandise information through store computer systems and complete all required paperwork according to policy
- Ability to operate/demonstrate/explain merchandise in assigned area
- Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts and knowledge of weights and measures
- Ability to anticipate, recognize, and respond to change through innovative problem solving
- Develop and plan activities to ensure proper completion in a timely manner
These roles requires individuals to move throughout all areas of the store (interior and outside perimeter), physically move items weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance, wear appropriate personal protective equipment, and adhere to all safety and service standards.
At Lowe's, excellent performance is not just recognized – it's supported and rewarded. As part of the Lowe's Canada team, you'll have access to numerous opportunities for personal career growth, including our leadership development programs and full range of training courses. We are truly committed to promoting from within, which means many exciting career paths and advancement opportunities will be open to you when you join our team.